The Society for Conservation Biology is global community of conservation professionals dedicated to advancing the science and practice of conserving Earth’s biological diversity.
This is the home page for the Greater Melbourne chapter, part of the Oceania section of the Society for Conservation Biology. Our goals are to:
- Unite the existing conservation network of Greater Melbourne
- Engage the public with local conservation research and action, including
opportunities, news and success stories
- Offer resources to support and promote evidence-based conservation
- Facilitate the integration of Indigenous knowledge into conservation research
- Provide opportunities for researchers and practitioners to develop networks
and skills that support their conservation work.
Our overarching vision is to harness the existing interest in conservation, bringing
people together to support and strengthen conservation action across the region.
If you are interested in participating in the SCB Greater Melbourne Chapter please email firstname.lastname@example.org.