The main objectives of the Society for Conservation Biology’s Greater Melbourne Chapter are to:
1. Promote membership in the Society and participation in the Chapter’s activities.
2. Encourage an interdisciplinary approach to conservation biology.
3. Promote development of skills needed by professionals for effective participation in the field of conservation biology.
4. Promote a forum for awareness of and involvement in local and global conservation
5. Advance and articulate positions of the Society on matters of public policy.
6. Promote a high standard of professional integrity in the field of conservation biology.